Everything you need to know about E-commerce
What is an E- commerce?
E-commerce is a refers to “electronic commerce”. Now what is work of e commerce? E-commerce is the activity of buying or selling of products on online services or over the Internet. Electronic commerce draws on technologies such as mobile commerce, electronic funds transfer, supply chain management, Internet marketing, online transaction processing, electronic data interchange (EDI), inventory management systems, and automated data collection systems.
What are the various types of ecommerce business models?
There are various types of E-commerce business option that you can choose from based on your preferences, capital, and online business model. For different businesses, you have to implement various techniques and strategies.
- B2B (Business to Business): Both participants are businesses, and the volume and value of B2B e-Commerce can be huge as a result. An example would be a manufacturer of gadgets that sources components online to manufacturers that use them to create their own products
- B2C (Business to consumer): Most people think of B2C e-Commerce when they hear the term "e-Commerce." A name like Amazon.com almost immediately pops up in most discussions about e-Commerce. Elimination of the need for physical stores is the biggest rationale for business-to-consumer types, but the complexity and cost of logistics can be a barrier to B2C growth.
- C2C (Consumer to Consumer): Think eBay.com, the most popular platform for enabling consumers to sell to other consumers. Because eBay.com is a business, this form of e-Commerce could also be called C2B2C—consumer to business to consumer e-Commerce.
- C2B (Consumer to Business): C2B e-Commerce seems lopsided at first glance, but online commerce has empowered consumers to originate the requirements that businesses fulfill. An example would be a job board where a consumer places her requirements, and multiple companies bid for winning the project. Another example might be a consumer posting his requirements of a holiday package with various tour operators making offers.
Advantages of E-commerce business?
- Lower startup cost: One of the ecommerce advantages is that it has a lower startup cost. With the advance in E-Commerce platform technologies, it has become very easy and inexpensive to set up and maintain an E-Commerce store with a low overhead. Merchants no longer have to spend a large budget on TV ads, Face book ads or billboard, nor worry about the expense for personnel and real estate.
- 24*7/365 selling/buying: This is the best benefits of E-commerce. It one of the platform which available for customers 24*7/365 and globally. By this way, the seller can increase their sales by boosting numbers of orders. And the buyer doesn’t need to go out at night with help of this service.
- Economy: Now, you don’t have to invest your money in the physical store, insurance or infrastructure as all you need is a wonderful idea, unique products and well-designed website to reach your precious customers to sell your products and services. We can say that this makes an e-commerce a lot more economical and reasonable.
- Inexpensive employee: we are hiring employees is inexpensive and, as mentioned before, you can hire from anywhere in the world. You can choose to outsource work to virtual assistants in countries where the cost of living is much lower. A huge advantage of online businesses is you don’t need to hire employees at launch. You can start and run an ecommerce business all by yourself. Only when you start to grow or when you have the capital should you start to hire employee.
- Ability of Multi-site: With ecommerce platform, it becomes easy for businesses to launch channel specific and particular brand ecommerce website. This ability enables you to provide co-branded websites for your specific customers and allows for websites catering to specific international spectators.
- Expand Market for Niche Products: It is difficult for buyers and sellers to find each other in the physical world, but it becomes very easy for them with the inception of e-store. Customers can search their required products on the web and can purchase it from any corner of the world. No matter what kind of product customers are looking, they can find all types of products without any hassle.
Disadvantages of E-commerce business?
- Initial cost: The cost of creating (building) website an e-commerce application in-house may be very high. There could be delays in launching an e-Commerce application due to mistakes, and lack of experience.
- Customers can’t use before purchasing product: This is the most significant disadvantages. While this is currently a problem for many retailers, this won’t be a long-term problem. With augmented reality, more stores are starting to add AR elements to their store to allow customers to try products on. (AR) Augmented reality ecommerce companies offer solutions for businesses to create a more interactive experience with your customers. For an example of a beauty retailer with an augmented reality experience.
- You can’t buy without internet: This is also a big disadvantage you can’t purchase anything without internet or site crashes. That’s why it’s important to ensure your website is hosted on the right platform. For example, if you’re paying the minimum hosting fee and get a surge in traffic from a high converting ad or a television shout-out like Shark Tank, your site will likely crash.
In general sense, it’s typically pretty easy, low-risk and low-cost to start an e-commerce business, whether or not you already have a brick-and-mortar store. So long as you pick your products wisely and have an appropriate business plan, there’s plenty of potential for passive income and high ROI over the long term.
E-commerce certainly may not be right for everyone, or it may not even be the right time for you, but it’s important to consider an e-commerce-based strategy.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them in the comments below. My team and I will be more than happy to help you.
Leave a Comment